SPICY PRAWN IN OLIVE OIL AND GARLIC
If you're a guest for dinner in our house and it so happened that prawn was being served for dinner, be alert. Notice that the "piggery" is in a tense mode during our prayer before meals. Observe their stance as if they are ready to spring anytime ( not at you silly) but at the poor prawns in the center of the table. Imagine that we are in a race and there's an invisible rope reining all the contestants in before the sound of a gun shot catapults them into a burst of movement so fast that in a blink of an eye, everything vanishes. Tension disappears though when I tell them dinner will be served ala "sit-down" and not "family style". What? party-pooper!...more fun in "family style"...LOL
Wish you could see us, it's hilarious actually . That's why the question "Whats for dinner ma?" is very important. The answer can make or break my precious "piggery's" day. I actually love that they love food now. There was a time when they were picky eaters. I always worry about their health, all of them being so thin and me wishing they'd have a more voracious appetite. Oh well " be careful what you wish for".....hahaha.
Anyway, this is one of their favorites. Its actually my version of the popular "Gambas"
50 pcs deveined prawns ( right I have to count them, so I can distribute equally..LOL)
salt and pepper to taste
optional : red chili pepper for an additional kick
1. Saute garlic in olive oil and butter to give the oil garlic flavor. Take away the garlic before it browns. Set aside the garlic.
2.Saute the prawns in the garlic-infused olive oil-butter combination until it changes color. Take a bite of one prawn to make sure its succulent and cooked.
3. Turn off the fire and add salt and pepper to taste.
4, Transfer to a plate. Add chili flakes and/or red chili pepper before serving. You can add chopped spring onions for color.
1. Have loads of rice ready if you are having this dish for dinner.
2. This would also be delicious with linguini or spaghetti topped with parmesan cheese
3. If you are on a diet. Roll a wheat tortilla with lettuce, tomato , mango, and this prawns and voila you have a Prawn Tortilla Wrap.
4. This would be great with green salad too
5. Enjoy <3