EASY HOME-MADE SPICY BAGOONG RICE (shrimp paste )
For our Sunday dinner/s with Papa, Mama , Tito Luis, Ape, Papadu, Kuya and Brie, I try to serve something new or "experimental" depending on what my inspiration was for the week.
I stumbled upon a bagoong rice recipe in a magazine a week ago and I can't get it out of my head. You would think that a Bagoong Rice recipe would include just that -- bagoong and rice. But what intrigued me was a unique ingredient in the recipe....I had to try it. Read on and try it at home. Its a winner :)
5 cups of dark rice ( I had no dark so I used our regular sinandomeng white rice)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter ( choose your favorite brand)
1/2 cup sweet spicy bagoong ( if you don't like spicy use the regular one)
1/4 cup sesame oil
1. Cook the rice. Set aside.
2. Saute the garlic in sesame oil. Do not brown
3. Mix the bagoong and peanut butter till incorporated and sauté with no 2. Set aside a small portion for garnish
4. Put the cooked rice and mix
5. Garnish with green mango slivers and the sautéed bagoong-peanutbutter combo
Perfect with inihaw na liempo (grilled pork belly ), grilled tilapia or daing na bangus ( friend milkfish). We had ours with crispy pata and bangus. Yum!