Thursday, June 7, 2012



Sweet and Sour Lapu Lapu Recipe
( Grouper fish in sweetish-sour sauce)


 My mom used to cook this for us when we were little kids. I remember I don't really like fish in general but when mom cooks this, I forget my dislike for fish and just dive in. The combination of crispy fish Lapu lapu and the sweetish tangy sauce makes it an irresistible dish.

Ingredients

ginger
garlic
julienned carrots
bell pepper
shallots
spring onion
oyster sauce
soy sauce
vinegar
brown sugar
chicken broth
1 lapu lapu fish

Method :
1.  Dredge the lapu lapu fish in flour or corn starch. Fry in oil till crisp then set aside.
2. Saute ginger, garlic, julienned carrots, bell pepper and shallots in the pan where you fried the lapu  lapu.
3. Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and brown sugar .  Let it simmer till the vinegary smell dissipates.  I don't actually measure the amount. I go by taste. Dish should be sweet-sour and a a little salty too.
4. Pour in a little chicken broth at a time. We don't want our sauce to be watery.  Optional :  You can add corn starch if you want to thicken the sauce.
5. Pour the sauce over the fried lapu lapu.  Garnish with spring onion, julienned carrots and bell pepper.










No comments:

Post a Comment