SHRIMP-TOMATO-BASIL-FETA PASTA SALAD
I just love pasta and salad and to see a recipe in a food magazine for a dish that is both pasta and a salad was such a welcome sight that I decided to include it in our Sunday Dinner with my wonderful parents-in-law.
In our family when you say pasta, you normally mean either a regular beef lasagna, a lasagna roll over special or a Tuna Pesto Pasta.
The redness of the tomato versus the fresh green of the basil combined with the succulent-looking meat of the shrimp and the white color of the pasta and feta, made for a very attractive dish.
So when I served this new pasta, the "piggery" immediately took notice and dived into it even before I expounded on the ingredients or to tell what its name was. Oh well, the important thing is that they liked it.
There was a bit of trepidation on my part because by my "piggery's" standard, I expect that they would think that it was a bland dish. These kids of ours are used to my rich red beefy sauce of the lasagna. But I guessed they liked it , because it vanished from the serving plate quite quickly.
Perfect to pair with buffalo wings with Bleu cheese dressing :))
500 grams linguine pasta
4 cups water
dash of salt
lots of garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
cherry tomatoes or diced red tomatoes
fresh basil leaves
1 cup shrimp or prawns shelled and deveined
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup of white wine
chili flakes ( optional)
1. Cook the pasta per package directions. Add salt and canola oil upon boiling. DO NOT wash in cold water. Save some of the pasta water for later.
2. In a separate pan, sauté the shrimp/prawn in olive oil till pink. Take the shrimp/prawn off the pan and set aside. Saute garlic and onion till translucent. Add cherry tomatoes and cook till it crack.
3. Add the white wine. Salt and pepper to taste. Reduce.
4. Toss in the pasta. If a little dry, add some pasta water. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add chili flakes. Turn off the heat.
6. Garnish with the shrimps/prawns, basil leaves and crumbled feta cheese.
7. Drizzle with olive oil and chili flakes again before serving
Bon Apetito <3 <3