Ginataang Taba ng Talangka Fussili
( Fussili Pasta in Crab Paste and Coconut Cream Sauce)
It was Good Friday and it was a challenge to come up with dishes other than our traditional Bacalao ala Lola Tunying and the usual fried Tilapia with fried eggplant and soy-calamansi for dipping.
Since the piggery love their crab paste ( taba ng talangka - red/orangey fat of the crab lets) and the handsome hubby loves his pasta, I thought I'd combine both and give them this rich, divine pasta with a local twist.
The dish is simple and easy to do. Note that I don't actually measure. I go by taste. Try it :)
taba ng talangka ( crab paste)
kakang gata ( fresh coconut cream ) or canned if not available
pinch of curry powder
salt and pepper to taste
hot sauce if you want it really spicy
or siling labuyo (jalapeño) if you want it fiery hot
dash of calamansi ( or lemon) for acid
your choice of pasta ( follow package directions)
1. Heat olive oil in a pan. Add curry powder.
2. Add the shrimps. Cook till pink. Take out of the pan and set aside
3. Saute garlic and onion in the same pan till translucent
4.Add crab paste to taste. I used 1 tablespoon.
5. Add 1 calamansi or a dash of lemon (optional)
6.Add the kakang data and simmer till thick
7. Salt and pepper to taste. Fish sauce (patis ) optional.
8. Add hot sauce or siling labuyo ( jalapeño) if you want it spicy
9.Add and incorporate the cooked pasta.
10. Mix in the cooked shrimp. Leave some for garnish on top
10. Add diced spring onion as finishing touch.
11. Bon Apetit :)