Tuesday, May 15, 2012


 MOLTEN CHOCO LAVA CAKE

Every weekend is pig out day. On second thought,  I think everyday is easily becoming "pig-out" day. The "piggery" are on their summer vacation thus the perennial question " What's for dinner ma?" or the never-ending whining "there's no food in the ref ma" or " when are you going to the grocery ma?"

Oh well so little old me is almost always in the grocery, the attendants know me by my name already! And my oven is almost always churning up something to satisfy their bottomless appetites. Its nice to be needed but sometimes I feel like a short order baker....baking what they are ordering from an invisible menu card.

Last week, they went gaga over my peach-mango , chocolate and cheese croissants ala "Porto's" which I will be posting soon. Today, I will be resurrecting my Molten Choco Lava Cake .

Got the recipe from You Tube's " Show me the Curry "...thanks girls <3

It's so simple ANYONE can do it....so try ok <3

here's the link 

and their recipe .. ( with my personal notes)


Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Serves: 4-6
Ingredients:
Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate – 4 oz (113g)  ( I used nestle's semi sweet choco chips)
Butter – 4 oz (113g)  
Eggs – 2 (room temperature)
Sugar – 1/3 cup (75 g)  ( tried brown sugar, sifted)
All-purpose Flour – 1/4 cup (40g)
Butter – for greasing ramekins  ( don't throw away your butter wrap. You can use the butter wrap for greasing ramekins and other baking pans)
Method:
1. In a double boiler, melt chocolate.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, beat Eggs and Sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Once chocolate is melted, remove pan from heat and add in butter. Mix until the butter melts fully.
4. Add chocolate/butter mixture into the eggs, add all-purpose flour and mix until well incorporated.
5. Butter bottom and sides of ramekins (small glass/porcelain bowls) and pour in mixture about 3/4 way full.
6. Place ramekins on a baking tray and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 C) for 10 – 15 minutes. Shorter for gooey (molten) inside, longer for stiff inside.
( my choco lava only took 11 minutes...any longer and it becomes just a regular chocolate cake). 
Note : Take it out at 11 minutes even if the middle portion looks liquify or wet.  It will still continue to cook in the hot ramekin. After 5  minutes, carefully take it out of the ramekin and dust with powdered sugar.  When cool, scoop a vanilla ice cream and place on top....winner!
7. Serve hot with vanilla ice cream.
















No comments:

Post a Comment