Saturday, May 12, 2012



ELVIS THE PELVIS PIE RECIPE


I baked this pie and a Nestle Crunch Chocolate cake last March for my son Martin's birthday .
Since our bday boy dances very well like the late legendary Elvis Presley, I thought baking this pie would be perfect for this special occasion.

This was also nspired by Twicia's favorite banofee pie from Banapple which my pretty niece Reg Dominguez also bakes from time to time.

Elvis Presley ( per write-ups) loved the peanut butter-banana-chocolate combination thus the name of the pie :)

Found this in a food magazine and just upped and did it. I made a few tweaks here and there (see my note below) and everything else I adjusted per my kids'/ "piggery's " preference ( ie texture, sweetness etc.). I am not a chef so my  ( fearless ) tweaks are basically a "hope-to-God-it-turns-out-fine" kind of thing...and it came out more than fine. Kids wiped it out in no time.....happy happy me  

For the crust :
2 1/2 cups crushed graham
2/3 cup butter --  * I used 2 sticks butter
1/4 cup sugar

For the peanut butter filling :
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter ( for more texture)
or creamy ( depends on your preference)
1 cup whip cream
1/2 cup brown sugar -- I used 3/4 cups, we love it sweet :)

For the ganache
1 cup semi sweet choco chips ( or milk choco) whichever you prefer
1/2 cup whip cream

5 sliced ripe bananas

For the icing :
1 cup whip cream 
1/4 cup powdered sugar 

dark choco shavings for garnish

My take :
1. I reduced the graham crumbs to to 1 1/2 cups -- original measurement made a very thick crust which my "piggery"  doesn't like.
2. You can either use  chunky or creamy peanut butter depending on your preference
3. I always use Nestle Toll house semi-sweet choco chip cookies for the ganace
4. I use a vegetable peeler for the choco shavings effect 




No comments:

Post a Comment